Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

Despite feeling a little under the weather, I had a great time ringing in the new year. Much better than previous years where I rarely made it 'til midnight. I have been a hermit since I got home yesterday morning though. I just got my voice back a little this afternoon. I went out to get some things from the store and the lady checking me out couldn't understand me so I guess it's not 100%. I haven't felt bad, just can't talk. If you know me, you know that this is driving me crazy.

I don't usually do this, but I thought that I would make some resolutions this year. We'll see if it works better to write them down.

1. Pay all of my bills on time.
2. Keep checkbook balanced so as not to overdraw multiple months in a row like last year (yeah, I suck at that).
3. Pay off my credit card debt (I probably won't get it all paid off, but at least don't make it worse).
4. Make fewer impulse purchases.
5. Exercise three times a week and don't make silly excuses like I'm too busy studying.
6. Use my study time more efficiently.
7. Find a hobby. Yeah, I know it's sad that I don't have one.
8. Read 2-3 books a month that have nothing to do with medicine.
9. Go through my clothes and throw out ones that don't fit or I never wear.
10. (Stolen from K)Go on three dates. This I did last year but I don't want to get back into a slump again.
11. Make at least 2 new friends.
12. Do something for myself once a week.

I start with just a dozen. I didn't realize there were so many things I would like to improve. I could just keep going with the list but I'll stop now. Just by looking at this list I think people could figure out a lot about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home