Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 Meme

Man, I've got some luck. Here's why. I've never really done anything on New Year's Eve for a couple of reasons 1)I'm lame/like staying at home and 2) the opportunity never really presented itself. So, this year I actually have plans and now I am sick. I'm going to tough it out, but damn it. WHY?! Anyway, so I stole this from K.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Hmm,... Well lots of things but I think my favorite was the massage. That was nice.


2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any resolutions last year. I think I might this year but am not sure.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep, my friend's baby is 6 months now too. I can't believe it.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes

5. What countries did you visit?
Countries? I stayed in the U.S.


6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Willpower


7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
End of first year of med school, birth of friend's baby, Hawaii, seeing my first patient


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not failing out of school and getting complimenting on my clinical skills


9. What was your biggest failure?
Stressing/being to hard on myself


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
yeah, I guess so


11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'll have to agree with K, my kitty.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
As much as I hate saying this, Oprah. She has helped a lot of people (even if I don't like her)


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
President Bush


14. Where did most of your money go?
I'd say tuition but since I never actually saw that money...furnishing my apartment


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hawaii, breaks from school. Is that it? I guess I am just not an excitable kind of gal.


16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Hollaback girl. Man I hated that song by they played it all the time.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier
b) thinner or fatter?
fatter damn it.
c) richer or poorer?
poorer and I am just going to keep getting poorer for a couple more years


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
spending time with family


19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
stressing

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
nope. almost could've, but luckily no.


22. How many one-night stands?
nope


23. What was your favorite TV program?
House


24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
hate isn't the word I would use.

25. What was the best book you read?
I liked a lot of books but can't remember them. I think the new Harry Potter


26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't venture out much


27. What did you want and get?
To be in a relationship and honestly it was only ok


28. What did you want and not get?
having enough money to pay my bills


29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I haven't really seen too many movies. The movie I hated, The History of Violence.


30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Let's see. I turned 23 and spent the day at home (possibly on a heart monitor if I remember right).


31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had a better attitude then I think I would be more satisfied with what I've got.


32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Ha Ha. If it still fits, then I'm going to wear it. I'm still sporting the cardigans. I guess I've ventured into wearing earrings if that counts as a fashion concept.


33. What kept you sane?
My friends and family. Seriously, without them I don't know where I would be.


34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
You know, I don't really have any celebrity crushes right now. That's kind of sad. I guess I kinda like Keith Urban and the guy who plays Dr. House is kinda hot in an old British guy kinda way


35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Close-mindedness. Not really a political issue but that's what bothered me the most.


36. Who did you miss?
I moved farther away from all of my family and most of my friends. I think I've missed everyone.


37. Who was the best new person you met?
to be honest with myself E. I learned a lot from him. Mostly that guys can't be trusted, but still.


38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Always remember what is most important to you. Don't sacrifice what's important.


39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Cause days go by so take them by the hand and live your life. Don't let them all fly by."
"There's some things that I regret, Some words I wish had gone unsaid, Some starts,
That had some better endings, "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home