Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I've got some fragmented thoughts rolling around in my 'noggin so here goes.

*I love Christmas trees. I just bought myself a tree yesterday and I love it. I wasn't going to get one because I don't really have the money plus I live by myself so I figured what's the point. Well, I'm glad I changed my mind. I've just been sitting in my living room staring at the tree. Of course, eventually I'll have to take it down which will be sad and a big pain in the butt. We'll see if kitty will leave it alone until Christmas.

*The first two days that I saw patients by myself, they all had ear infections. Seriously, there were 4 people with ear infections. My patient on Monday was this cute little 12 month old. Now, I figured I would hate pediatrics because of the crying, but it was kind of a nice change of pace to not have to deal with whining adults. So we'll see...

*I hate earwax. We've all being practicing doing physical exams on each other which means I've had my ears looked at about 20 times in the past week. This would be fine if I didn't have the wonderful problem of producing too much earwax. So now, said earwax has been jammed down against my ear drum and now I'm basically deaf in both ears. I've got this nifty remover junk, but it hasn't completely fixed the problem.

*Fiber. What can I say that won't be TMI. Hmm, well I've changed my diet recently by adding fiber and it's been good. All I'm going to say about that.

*Traffic. I was sitting in traffic for an hour on Sunday night trying to get into Rockford. Okay, I know rush hour traffic in Chicago or other cities is crazy but this was traffic moving 10 miles hour on a Sunday night coming into Rockford. I guess I accept it better when it's city traffic. Plus, I was 15 minutes from home after a three hour drive with my cat. Needless to say, I'm going to be driving back from Christmas during the middle of a week day.

*The saying "practice makes perfect" is lie. If it's possible, the more I bowl, the worse I get. Seriously, last night I bowled a 57. 57?! Some people could get more than that bowling with their eyes closed. I pretty much suck and it's starting to not be fun now. I mean, a few weeks ago I was averaging about 100 and now, 57? Everyone else on my team is improving and I'm getting worse. Oh well, at least we aren't playing for money.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger readhead said…

    Hubby and I were stuck in that same traffic jam on Sunday night. Just be glad that you did not have to drive another 5.5 hours in the car, cause let me tell you, it sucked ass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home