Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Sunday, November 20, 2005

GRRRRRRRR

Ok, so I'm going to quickly bitch then I'll move on. Tonight I went out to dinner with my friend S and her family. It's S's birthday so she wanted to go to a Japanese restaurant where they have the grill at your table (but a very limited menu). I'm a picky eater but I am willing to try new things so I went. I enjoyed the dinner, I tried the fish and shrimp and veggies and stuff but I just left the stuff I didn't like on my plate. No big deal right? Well, her family noticed that I hadn't eaten everything so they decided to list out all the foods that I don't like and then ask "What DO you eat?" Ok, do they really expect me to list all of the foods that I like? Seriously, it's one thing if I'm like five years old and refuse to try things. It's quite another if I'm 23 years old and am willing to try new foods. I mean, some people just don't like everything. I have HATED people bugging me about what I eat for years. I feel like I've come a long way and try new things now and I still get harassed about it. Rrrrrr.

On a brighter note, I've had a pretty nice weekend overall. First of all, I didn't have to study at all this weekend which is pretty awesome. I just had 2 assignments that only took me about 2 hrs to finish. So, I had plenty of time to catch up on my reading. I've actually started reading a "real" book again. It's been 3 months since I've had time to read a novel. And, I saw Harry Potter this weekend with Katie. I enjoyed the movie but was a little disappointed at how much they had to cut out. And we all agreed that Krum was way too cute. Wasn't he supposed to be ugly? I am glad I saw it though, and it was nice to have a visitor. Besides the fact that I like seeing Katie, it was also the motivation I needed to get my apartment cleaned up.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day. It's the first day that I get to see patients all by myself. I'll let you know how it turns out. All I have to say is I hope they don't have a serious problem, because I sure as hell won't know how to fix it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home