Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Sunday, February 19, 2006

No wit here

Hmm, where to start. Well I guess first I'll complain a little about the fact that I was unable to use my computer for a month. I'm not sure exactly what happened to it. It was working fine and then I downloaded a Windows update and after I rebooted it, it ran really slow. I, well my dad really, took it in to be fixed. All they could tell me is that my virus scans were slowing it down so they removed a bunch of stuff. Okay, I really don't think it was the antivirus program because I'd had that on my computer for a long time, but what the hell do I know. It works now and that is all that matters.

Anyhow, I made it through the pelvic exam unscathed. I finished another round of tests and they haven't kicked me out yet. I've reached my first weight loss goal (and kinda fallen back a little, thanks ma). I went to a formal dance by myself and danced my ass off (yes, KR, I did). Literally, my ass and legs hurt the next day. Let's see what else...Oh I went to Vegas for a weekend, met a really sexy Hispanic man, had a hot and steamy fling and now my name is Senora Martinez. Okay, so I didn't do that but wouldn't it be fun? I guess the most exciting thing for me is that I have a patient that I've seen multiple times. It makes me feel more like a real doctor to have a patient that I've followed up on and can say when I walk in the room, "Hi, Ms. X. How have you been since the last time I saw you? Is your stomach any better? How is your grandson doing? etc." That is what I've wanted to be able to do for years. Not this studying crap.

So my school/work life is moving along, but my social life has kind of been in a rut. But I'm comfortable in that rut I guess and I've accepted that it'll probably be that way for awhile anyway because the only people I come into contact with are my patients and classmates. Although this morning I got a note from the cute neighbor guy. Oh course, it was only a note saying that he hoped I got my keys out of the door from the night before. (Thanks again mom)

One last thing. Has anyone tried Sudoku? Isn't it most horribly addictive game? That's what I spend most nights doing now.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger readhead said…

    Glad to see that you are back to posting Janet and glad to see that they haven't kicked you out yet. :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home