Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

So, I got my kitty yesterday. She's so good that she hasn't had an accident yet and seems to be adjusting well. I am having a problem with her though. I think she has gotten too attached to me (if that is possible). Whenever I am here, she wants to be on me. Right now she is perched on my shoulders. I mean, it's nice that she is cuddly but I need to work. Maybe she is just sucking up to make sure that I don't take her back to the shelter. I know she didn't get a lot of attention there.

In other news, I think classes this year are going to be so much better than last year. We are actually learning how to be a doctor rather than a bunch of background science. Plus, my class has been cut down to about one third the size so we get more personal attention. What's funny is that we are kind of being treated like high school students. For instance, they registered for all of our classes for us, set up all of our appointments for immunizations (if we didn't already get them), and provided meals for us in the cafeteria. It's strange. Even as an undergrad, I was in charge of registering for classes and making sure all of the appropriate forms got turned in. Although sometimes I think I need the extra. Yesterday I was talking to lady from the Rockford Mental Health clinic located at 1610 ParkView. So I asked, "How far is that from here?" She looked at me like I was an idiot and then kindly informed me that was the address of the building I was standing in. Duh, the clinic was in the med school building.

I'm still in the process of unpacking. Every time I move I am amazed at how much stuff I have. I still have 3 crates of stuff that I have no room for. I did I get so much? I always end up sending stuff home to my parents or throwing it away and then a year later when I move (yep, I've moved every for the past 5 years) I go through the same process again. I think my clothes and books have the ability to mate and multiply. That's the only explanation I can think of.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger readhead said…

    I always picked my classes in HS. That is how I ended up with 7 math credits and 11 history/humanities credits. :o)

    Glad to hear from you again.

    Keep up the blogging!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home