Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

It's all about the jaw

I'm feeling a bit scattered right now, so here are some of my thoughts.

-For the past 4 days my mouth/jaw/tooth has been bothering me. I woke up Sunday and my jaw hurt and then it started to get worse. By Monday night, I was almost in tears because it hurt so bad. So, I called my mom and had her make me a dentist appointment (she works for a dentist, no I don't usually have my mom make all my appointments for me). I figured yesterday that it was my wisdom tooth and it would need to be taken out. Which I was fine with because it would stop the pain. So, this morning I woke up to get ready to go to my appointment and guess what. The pain was gone. It turns out that I have jaw problems that are aggravated by me grinding/clenching my teeth. I didn't know that I did that, but that's what the doc says. So, now I have to wear this splint thing at night to keep from doing that. Well, I should say I WILL wear this when I get it which won't be until after my finals are over. Of course, by then I won't be stressed and probably won't be clenching my teeth anymore. Plus, if the pain comes back between now and then there really isn't much I can do about. Not that I wanted to have a tooth pulled, it just would be nice if the problem would be fixed now so I won't have to deal with pain anymore.

-I started dissecting this week. Basically what this means is that eventhough I've been going into the lab to find structures and study all along, now it's my turn to clean everything out. It's hard to explain, but trust me it's a pain in the butt. Although on the upside, I got to use a bone saw today. Actually, I got to cut the mandible (jaw). Which is somewhat ironic considering the jaw issues I'm having now...

-So, as some people know, I was conned into signing up for an online dating thing a few months back. Basically, I'm addicted to personality tests and they had a free test. Well it's kinda free, but then they start "matching" you up with people and get you to want to talk to them, but of course you can't until you pay. So, I thought what the hell, why not? Well, I let my subscription expire today. Actually, I cancelled it because I was getting like 5 matches a day and it was just annoying me. See what's funny is supposedly it some scientific matching system, but yet I ended up with over 120 matches for the 3 months I was doing it. Is it really possible that many guys are "perfect" for me? And if so, why can I not meet them on my own? I wonder about this whole matching deal as it is anyway. I was talking to a guy I met online for a couple of months and honestly we weren't a good match. I mean, he was nice and interesting and probably a great guy but he wasn't a good match for me. We had very different backgrounds, beliefs, etc. and I wonder on what basis the website decided we would be a good match. While I did not find love on the internet, I did learn some things about myself. 1) I'm not even close to being ready to get married. It seemed like most of the guys I talked to were itching to get hitched. That freaked me out. 2)I like my independence and freedom. 3) I'm not a fan of terms of endearment. I never really knew that until someone called me baby. Apparently I don't like that sort of thing.

Well, I'm going to crawl into bed and read for awhile.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Or maybe you would like being called "baby" by someone you really, really liked?

    Then again, I'm like, the queen of terms of endearment. I love them. But that's only because it allows me to call Allie and S the same thing. Crazy. I'm crazy.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger readhead said…

    Okay the whole "cutting of the mandible" really creeped me out. ICK!

    Hey and since you are edging towards summer vaca why not start thinking of coming up to MN to visit me? You and kateromo could visit together. Hey hey, come on I know you want to!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home