Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Sunday, April 03, 2005

"People always told me, be careful what you do..."

If you hadn't already guessed from the title of this entry, I've been listening to Michael Jackson. I'm talking, mid 80's Michael. You know, still black, pre-nose job Michael. No matter what you think about his personal life, you have to admit that he's a talented singer. I chose this line from Billie Jean because it seemed appropriate. Last night, I wasn't exactly careful about my drinking. I went to watch the Illini kick Louisville's ass with my parents. So, obviously I wasn't planning on drinking that much. But somehow the combination of free shots from the bar and then a post-game beer with my friend I ended up a little too "tipsy." The thing is, this all happened before 9pm. So, I went to bed and woke up at 1am with a massive hangover. So dragged me butt out of bed to get some water and Advil. I could hear people outside celebrating still. It's a really strange feeling to be hungover and listening to people still up partying. I guess normally I don't get the post drinking headache until the next morning when everyone else is still sleeping. Anyway, I know better now. I think the real reason my head hurt so bad is that it kinda hurt when I started drinking. Stupid I know.

I've been thrown off all day by the time change. I woke up today at 9:30. This is crazy for me considering all during break when I could sleep as late as I wanted I was still up before 7. Then, I got ready and went to the lab and grocery shopping and by the time I got home it was 3:30. Where did the time go? I guess that's what happens when you get up so late. At least it's still sunny now. It seems strange to be done with dinner and have the sun out still. I forgot how much I love the long sunny days.

Speaking of dinner and the whole "be careful" theme, I burnt my finger pretty bad again tonight. I always seem to forget that the foil you put over your food in the oven is going to be hot just like the pan. You'd think after the first 10 times I would have learned, but no.

I'm going to start whitening my teeth this week. I got the premium strips that are supposed to work in 1 week. We'll see how that goes. I've whitened my teeth before and they got really sensitive so I'm going to have to avoid coffee and ice cream this week. That will be tough.

Listening to Thriller just reminded me the mention that my parents came over yesterday for the med school's family day, and I got them to come into the cadaver lab with me. I think they thought it was interesting. I forget sometimes that it isn't normal for everyone to have the same fascination with them as me, but I think they weren't too bothered by it. What's sad is that they were complaining about the smell and I was actually thinking that I couldn't smell anything. Strange the things that you can get used to.

Well enough of the procrastinating, i gotta get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home