Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Sunday, January 23, 2005

"The Point of No Return"

Aw, the end of another weekend and the beginning of another week. Let's see, I've got 2 down and only 14 more to go. Not bad. Today I spent the day catching up on some studying that I had neglected. It's funny how no matter how much I tell myself I wont', I always put off studying for the week until Sunday. It always starts on Thursday night when I think, "Well, I can take a break tonight and make up for it tomorrow afternoon." Which on Friday always turns into, "I've got two whole days to work, I can take the night off." This gives way to "No one does work on Saturday." Finally come Sunday morning I think, "Damn, what was I doing all weekend?"

Well, I'll tell you what I was doing this weekend, I was watching movies. I went to see two. That's amazing for me considering that the last movie I went to see was The Village I think. I know, I know, I should get out more. Anyway, Friday night I went to see White Noise. If you're not into cheesy horror movies, you probably wouldn't enjoy it. Since I am, I thought it was okay. The movie could have been better and more scary. I've heard of EVP, which basically is a way of supposedly recording voices of the dead, and there are actually some scientists who believe in it. I think if they would have made the storyline a little more believable, i might have enjoyed the movie more. As it was, I liked up until the last 20 minutes or so. I didn't really like the ending, but I won't ruin it by explaining.

The other movie I saw was Phantom of the Opera. I loved the movie. The acting was that great, but the singing was amazing. I didn't really like Christine because she always had the same facial expressions. But, I read that all of the actors (except Minnie Driver) did their own singing so I have a little more respect for Christine because she was a great singer. I thought the Phantom was perfect. He had the right emotions and eerieness (is this a word?) about him. Of course, I cried, but only a little. I heard someone else who said they bawled like a baby.

Well, my medicine is wearing off so I think it's time for some NyQuil and bed for me. Yep, I'm sick again and this time I can't blame it on the rugrats who, by the way, are also sick. I wonder if somehow the germs could leak through the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home