Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm finally done!

As you could probably guess, I'm in a great mood today. I just finished my last two final exams and now I am free from school for 3 weeks. I've never appreciated a break so much. So, I have 1 semester down and 7 more to go!

I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing the next three weeks. I can't remember what I used to like to do in my free time. I think the next three weeks are going to be full of reading, sleeping, and eating my mom's cooking! I'm sure that I'll get bored after about 2 days, but right now I am welcoming boredom. I say "Boredom, bring it on! Give me your best shot!"

On a different note, I saw something interesting today. Actually I've been seeing it more recently than I thought I would. What I saw as I was walking home was a guy wearing shorts. Shorts?! Here I was wearing my winter jacket, gloves, hat and scarf and this guy had on shorts and a sweatshirt. At first I thought maybe he just got done working out, but no he was going to class (or exams) like that. Okay, I know you're busy, but really, how much longer does it take to pull on a pair of pants? I can pull on the whole "winter ensemble" in about 90 secs. Yes, I timed myself out of curiosity. I guess this whole wearing shorts all year round is just something I don't understand. Partially because I don't enjoy being cold and partially because I rarely wear shorts. It has to be about 90 degrees for me to break out the shorts, and that is only if I'm going to be outside for an extended amount of time. Does anyone else do this? It's not just because I don't like my legs (which I don't really) but mostly it's just because shorts aren't really that comfortable. Plus, I don't get as hot as I used to. Right now, I would welcome some warm weather, but I know I have a long time until I get to enjoy that again. I guess now I'll just try to enjoy the cold weather and hope that if it's going to snow, it'll be here for Christmas.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    I pretty much don't wear shorts. Some suggestions for things to do over break:
    write lots of blogs!
    write to dear friend Katie
    read a few good books (need suggestions? let me know!)
    sit!
    catch up on TV shows with re-runs.

    Yay for being done! Congrats to my almost-a-doctor friend!

    From almost-an-underwriter,
    Katie

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You could also do lots of baby-sitting for a favorite sister...just an idea

     

Post a Comment

<< Home