Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Sunday, October 17, 2004

It's been a about a week since my last entry because I've been spending a lot of time with Mr. C and the gang in the cadaver lab. I swear the chemicals are getting to me and my thoughts are all over the place, so bear with me here.

-My first comment is about last week's debate. I saw very few good points made on either side. Instead, it was 90 minutes of trading insults and dodging the questions. What's the point? I could have spent 90 minutes insulting the candidates and making up stuff. And, I probably would have been more entertaining.

-Why do all of the nice shoes have heels? I'm almost 6 feet as it is, no way do I want to wear shoes that make me 6 foot 2. Even if I didn't mind the height, I wouldn't be able to walk in them anyway. So I'm left with choosing either the ugly, granny shoes or sneakers. There have to be cute shoes out there without a heel, right? If you know where I can find any, let me know.

-My skin and hair look nice about 3 months a year. When it's hot and humid, my skin and hair are oily. When it's cold, they are dry. Right now they are at the in between stage where they don't know what to do, so they are revolting. Maybe I should move somewhere more "temperate."

-When are all of the damn bugs going to die? Isn't that the only good thing about the cold weather, that it kills all of the bugs? The bugs we called the exterminator about a few weeks ago are still hanging out here. My roommate saw one the other day and I saw one just now. They seem to disappear for a week or so, and then we see 3 or 4, and then they disappear again. I try not to think about the fact that they may be around all of the time, crawling all over us in our sleep and we just don't know about. Wait, I guess I just thought about it.

-Why is it that when I study the heart, everyone around me begins having heart problems? Is a coincidence or do I just notice it more? What's going to happen when I study the pelvis and perineum?

-What is boredom, and why did I dislike it so much? I talking about this with my friend, Sarah, the other day. One her friends complained of being bored, and we wondering when was the last time we were bored. I'm guessing it was months ago. I vaguely remember complaining this summer, but now I'm wondering what was so bad about it. I mean, when is the next time I will have nothing to do or worry about? It seems like just when you think you've got everything under control, life throws you a curve-ball. I guess everything happens for a reason, even if we can't understand it now. All we can do is wait for things to work themselves out.

Well, I seem to be getting a little too philosophical. Time to get back to Anatomy. I'm going to be taking a bunch of tests during the next couple of weeks, so I probably won't be too exciting. Don't worry, the "normal" Janet will back soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger manogirl said…

    Janet---
    I hope your friend doesn't think it is a contradiction to do what she has to do. As a doctor, I hope that she will learn how to perform (and I don't want to screw up your blog by talking about something so political, so I'm going to not mention any terms, but hope that you know what I'm talking about.) the act, and I hope that you learn that too. Besides the fact that choice is important, there feasibly might be a situation where you have to do it to save someone's life. I know some med schools don't teach them, and there is actually an activist group called something like, med students for choice, who lobby for the inclusion of that knowledge in the med student learning. Just a thought.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home