Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Friday, October 08, 2004

Be careful what you wish for!

I wasn't planning on making another entry until Sunday, but I couldn't resist. So, those of you who read my previous post know that I have been complaining about having a boring life. Well as my title suggests, be careful what you wish for. This morning as I was toasting my usual morning bagel, I smelled smoke. Well, I just figured a crumb had fallen down in the bottom so I ignored it and finished packing my lunch. Bad idea! When I looked back there was flames coming out of the top of the toaster. I unplugged it thinking that would stop it. Don't know why I thought unplugging it would stop a fire. Then I turned the water on, but thankfully my logic kicked in, and I realized electrical fire + water= disaster. So then I looked around for a fire extinguisher. Luck for me, our landlord had one placed right over the sick. So I was able to put the fire out before there was any damage (well my expensive toaster is ruined, but...). All I have to say is that it is a good thing it happened this year rather than last year because not only did my place not have any fire extinguishers but the old house I lived in would probably go up in flames in a matter of seconds. I guess the moral to this story is to never wish for excitement, because you never know when you'll get it. So I hope this weekend is fun but a little less exciting.

Talk at y'all soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home