Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Caramel Apples

Don't you love when you do something and it brings back childhood memories? For me, this happens the most in the fall. Fall has always been my favorite time of year, even when I was little. So for me, the typical fall activities bring back a lot of fond memories. Today, I went to the store and bought a caramel apple and for some reason it made me feel nostalgic. So, I've been sitting here at my computer eating the caramel apple and reminiscing. Of course, now I have sticky, caramel goo all-over my keyboard and desk, but I guess that brings back memories, too.

I've been thinking about my childhood a lot recently as I've been visiting my niece and nephew. I'll just watch them and think, "Damn, I lived a care-free life like that not so long ago." I guess I'm just not ready to think of myself as a grown-up. Seriously, I don't feel like I'm old enough to be married or have kids yet. But, I have MANY friends who are married, and some of them already have kids. To make me feel even older, I saw a friend from high school today and was trying to remember the last time I saw him. Then I realized that it had been five years. Five years?! Do you remember when you were little and 1 year seemed like an eternity? Now I see someone I haven't seen in five years and all of the memories come flooding back like it was yesterday. Am I the only one having a hard time growing up?

So, I'm going to finish this messy apple, and maybe I'll leave the goo for a while so that I can go outside play. (or, maybe I'll just go back to studying)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home