Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Monday, September 13, 2004

Football and Politics

As I was listening to the news about the election today, my usual anger started to build. How in the world did George W become president? Why aren't there more people trying to get him out? I guess I just don't understand why there are so many people who support George W. For the past few weeks, I have been trying to think of a way to convince people that Georgie's views on abortion, gay marriage, war, overtime pay, firearms, etc. are wrong, but they just won't listen. So I've been trying to develop a new approach that maybe they will understand. I think I've finally come up with an idea that everyone can relate to. I'm talking about football.

Take a minute to think about a football team that has been on a losing streak for a few years. So as not to offend anyone, I'm not going to mention any names of teams in Illinois or surrounding states. Okay, what happens when this team has been consistently losing for a while? Well, many things happen. The players lose confidence in themselves, morale is low, and the fans either stop caring about the team or they turn against it (does everyone see where I'm going with this?). Now, who is to blame for this? That's right, the person that is blamed is the coach. He is the team leader, and he is responsible for making sure the team is successful. A good coach may not make a bad team win, but a bad coach sure as hell can make a good team lose. Sure he may lead the team to a few wins here and there, but these short victories are always followed by a string of embarrassing losses. So how is this problem corrected? Right again, you fire the coach. Well folks, we are on a kind of losing streak, too. Our morale is low, and our fans are turning away from us. If we want to pull ourselves out of this hump, we need to make a change. I say, it's time for a new coach!


Not convinced, go to this site.
http://www.mcsweeneys.net/links/bush/

Take care all!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if only people would listen to what you (and many others) have to say. i'm behind you all the way. i'm not saying that Kerry is perfect, or even that i know enough to get into a heated debate, but i know that Kerry (or anyone) is better than Bush. and it infuriates me that some people don't see that. just please don't vote for Ralph Nader. choose between Kerry and Bush, or just don't vote.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    Look at you, with your first comment, and its anonymous!! That is too exciting, lets speculate on who it could be. Maybe its your favorite, Kenny Chesney. He appreciates your political ideals. Or, maybe its something boring like my sister.

    But I will say, yay for Janet's blog. Oh and you got your own entry on my sister's blog...you should check it out.

    Ok, bye! Have fun at the cadaver lab on your next trip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home