Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Sunday, September 12, 2004

You learn something new everyday

Did your mother ever tell you that you learn something new everyday? Well, she was right. Here's what I learned this weekend.

1. There are only 24 hours in a day. That I already knew, but what I learned was apparently not everyone knows this, namely, my professors. I'm expected to study for 1 hour for every class (9 hours), spend 2 hours in the lab, go to study groups (2 hours), and go to review sessions (2 hours). I also need to eat and shower (formaldehyde gets gross after awhile). I am then instructed to get 8 hours of sleep every night. Does anyone else see the problem with this?

2. Buffalo chicken wings wreck havoc on your digestive system. Trust me, you don't want to know.

3. 3 cups of coffee + buffalo chicken wings = disaster (see #2)

4. Stress can make you freak out because you can't figure out how to get the damn spatula in that little f***ing drawer.

5. Exterminators don't promise to kill bugs. That's right. We called the exterminators to kill the creepy, long-legged centipedes that have been hanging out in my room. But, after having nasty-smelling chemicals sprayed in my bedroom, the little critters are still have a grand 'ol time.

6. When you think that your clothes don't smell like formaldehyde anymore, you are wrong. Actually, ALL of your clothes and YOU smell, so you no longer notice it.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi all,

    As Janet's roommate, I can personally attest to the fact that you don't have to be pre-stressed to be annoyed at the f***ing spatula not fitting into our only drawer in the kitchen, which is too miniscule for pretty much anything useful. However, stress does add to the frustration.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home