Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Reflections on a clothing-optional establishment

Last night I had the opportunity to go to a place I'd never been before and conduct a psychological experiment. Because I was feeling adventurous (read: drunk), I agreed to go to what I would like to call a clothing-optional establishment. Having never been there before, I was intrigued by some of the behaviors I observed. I mean, there were grown men laying on the floor with money between there teeth just waiting for some half-naked woman come and shake her breast in his face. I don't know about you, but this isn't something that I see everyday. This got me thinking, Why would men shell out $10, $20, even $100 to see a naked woman? I mean, haven't they ever seen it before? Aren't they all pretty much the same? Aren't the men embarrassed to be aroused in public? Also, who has to clean up those bathrooms?

This is obviously only a human thing. You don't see your dog going crazy, shelling out doggie biscuits everytime he says a naked bitch (hey, I'm being technical). Animals are always naked, they are used to it. Seeing another animal naked is no big deal, so why do we care so much? Because we wear clothes all of the time. Now, trust me, I'm not suggesting that we stop this practice, but it does pose an interesting question. If everyone stopped wearing clothes, would we get used to it too?

I was also curious what the draw to these places is. I mean, really, couldn't these guys easily get the same arousal at home for free or pretty close to it. So why pay so much money? Sure, a living, breathing person is more interesting than a picture, but it's not like the guys are really allowed to touch them. Besides, many of these guys were married (you'd think they'd take off the rings, wouldn't you?) I mean, if you have a girl already, why do you wanna look at another one you can't touch? If you don't have a girlfriend/wife, why are you looking at a stripper? I mean, come on, they know they don't have a chance with these girls. Hence the reason I got free drinks last night. (hey, I'm not that cheap, don't worry)

I'm a curious sort of person and am always looking for what I could learn from every situation. Here's what I learned last night:
1. Strippers must have really good balance because there is no way I could walk around all night in 6 inch heels.
2. A man's intelligence is inversely proportional to his level of arousal.
3. There's a lot of money to be made by simply taking your clothes off. Hmm, tell me again what I'm doing in med school...

So, while last night was interesting, I think that I've collected enough evidence to conclude that I won't be going back anytime soon.
JZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home