Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Monday, October 04, 2004

Little ones

After a weekend with my family, it was hard to come back to school. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to stay at home any longer (sorry Dad), it's just hard to start back on my routine after being with people that have actual "lives." I feel like I'm living in a sort of limbo between college and the real world. It's not really like college because I don't go out and do typical college stuff, but it is definately not like the real world. I don't have time to really do anything just because I feel like it. When I do try to relax, I feel guilty because I should be studying. Like right now, I feel like I shouldn't spend the 10 minutes it takes to complain about how busy I am. Then I talk to my advisor about my problems and stress of trying to have a life in med school and here's the brilliant advise I got. "Don't worry about not having a life because you won't." Thanks, Dr. Goldberg.

So, I spent about 4 hours with my niece and nephew yesterday. Man, I love those kids but I am so glad that they aren't mine. It's making me realize that maybe the whole "having kids" thing isn't for me. I'll just have to make friends with people with kids so I can play with them. Here are a few more observations I made after being with the little ones.

1. When you are cute, you can get away with anything. Now that I think about it, this applies to kids and adults. Come on, you know the pretty people get away with more. How many attractive people do you see in jail? Of course the psychologist in me is now asking if it's that attractive people get away with more, or is it because unattractive people are more aggressive to make up for their "unattractiveness?" But that's a whole different story...

2. Banging your head on the floor is a good way to get attention. It's also a good way to get a headache so I wouldn't suggest it.

3. It's perfectly acceptable to talk about a baby's penis and/or vagina (hey, there are some strange kids out there) But once you hit a certain age, it is no longer acceptable. Wonder what the cut-off is for something like that?

4. Baby's lives are stress free. This is something I am very jealous of and it made me wish I was little again. Except for the whole diaper thing.

5. Baby's get WAY more hugs and kisses than adults.

I'm going to attempt to but in a picture of my nephew, Jacob, to be fair since I have a picture of his sister. Hopefully it'll work.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    apology accepted.
    Dad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home