Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Update

Wow, it's been a long time since I blogged. I've had a great vacation and have a lot to talk about so this will probably be a long one.

First, I had a great weekend staying with my friend in "the city." (I won't call her an old friend again). I was amazed that even though both of our lives have changed we still had a lot to talk about. We went to see the Jackie Kennedy exhibit at the Field Museum. I would definately recommend it to anyone who likes clothes. You know she had great style when people would wear her clothes today 40 years later. I really had a great time except for right before I left and realized I was given the wrong train ticket. I got a little upset because I hate not having everything organized and under control. I forgot to thank KT for putting up with me for three days.

On a side note, I just bought myself one of those ScentStory things. Am I the only one who thought it played music? Well, it doesn't. The scent I'm on right now is called Walking Beside Wildflowers. It's a mix of a floral and pine scent. It sounds strange but is really quite nice.

Anyway, once I finally got on my train back to "downstate IL," I spent a couple of days with my kids (well, I guess my sister's kids). They are as cute as ever, although I swear they get bigger and smarter every time I see them. It's actually funny how excited I get when Clara (2 months) smiles at me or Jacob (16 months) repeats words back to me.

I spent a few days with the folks and fattened right up. I swear I put on 5 pounds of pecan pie fat. Oh well, it was worth it. It's not like I can cook like that. No one cooks as good as mom. This I find funny because my mom says the same thing. Think about it, your mom cooks better than you and her mom cooks better than her. Therefore, as time goes on food must be getting worse. Strange don't you think? And actually quite scary because that means if I have kids, they will think my cooking is great. Scarier yet, my sister's kids will think her food is great.

I went shopping yesterday. It's a tradition, but anyone who knows me is probably surprised because I hate crowds. Not just hate, I have an actual "the crowd is going to close in on me and I'll never get out" phobia. I guess it's kind of exposure therapy for me to go shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year. The good thing was that I didn't yell or get mad once. The bad thing is that even though I spent a bunch of money, I still have a lot of shopping left. Isn't it amazing how that happens? It seems like during Christmas, my money just kind of evaporates. Of course, I think part of the problem is that I buy myself stuff too. Like this smelly thing.

Speaking of the smelly thing, now it's switched over to Exploring the Mountains. This one smells like men's cologne to me. I guess you're supposed to think about a man wearing expensive cologne climbing a mountain or something. It makes my room smell like man whick isn't so bad I guess...

Well, I gotta start on the studying that I've neglected for a week.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not nice...I'm a decent cook when I want to be!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home