Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The art of Procrastination

As the title implies, the only thing that I have done today is procrastinate. I'm actually quite good at it. I've managed to waste approximately 7 hours today. Seven hours?! Do you realize all of the things I could have done in 7 hours? Instead here's a list of what I did in those hours:
-had lunch
-took a nap
-checked my email
-went for a walk
-did the dishes
-put away my clothes
-made my bed
-talked to an old friend
-called my mom
-read a chapter in my book (not class related)
-had dinner

So, as you can see, I've done absolutely nothing school-related today (except those 4 hours of class). Now I'm watching an award show. I know I should feel guilty, but I just can't motivate myself to even feel guilty about not studying. With all of this free time, it's given me time to think about a few things:

1. I could look 10 times better if I could have all of my clothes tailored to fit my body. This realization came as I was watching the awards show and realized "Hey, I could look (almost) that good if I had a professional picking out my clothes." What I need is to be on the special $50,000 What Not to Wear.

2. Spending a lot of money makes me happy! That's right, nothing makes me happier than spending money that isn't really mine. I'm in the process of buying a car. This will be the first car that is completely mine. As scary as it is to be spending the money, it feels good to finally say "This is my car."

3. The longer I go to school, the dumber I feel. It seems like each day, I am losing just a little of my common sense. For example, most of my classes have handouts that have some important points on them and space to take extra notes during class. Everyday I'll be frantically writing down important points the professor makes and then my friend will point to my paper and the information is already there. I also seem to be making more typos, so please forgive me.

Well, I need to get back to work. I have some important TV to watch. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back to the grind of class work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home