Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Monday, August 08, 2005

Greetings from Rockford

So, after spending most of my summer in Bloomington, I have now finally moved up to Rockford. I of course still do not have internet at my apartment. That'll probably take a couple of weeks yet. But, I thought I should at least let y'all know what I have been up to since I last wrote.

First, I spent 10 wonderful days in Hawaii with my dear friend Katie. It was probably the most relaxing 10 days I have had in years. Once I got back I started a six week internship at a hospital in Bloomington. Those were pretty hectic weeks. I followed/observed a different doctor everyday. I got to see some pretty interesting things like: liposuction/tummy tuck, breast biopsy, laminectomy (spinal surgery), laser eye surgery, laser hair removal, cystoscopy, prostate biopsy, urethral sling, and various other typical office procedures. Plus, I preformed my first rectal exam. Very exciting!

Now, I have moved into my apartment in Rockford. I'm living by myself in a large 1 bedroom. I was surprised at how big it is. I don't have cable, internet, or phone service yet, but I am getting a cat tomorrow. I'm not sure what I am going to name her. I'm thinking Isabelle. What do you think?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    I am so excited you're back! I'm cheering inside. I think Isabelle is a perfect cat name...email me your address please!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger readhead said…

    Yeah, Janet is back!!
    You have to e-mail me your address (readhead7982@yahoo.com). Hubby and I drive through Rockford everytime we go to and from IL and MN. We will definetly be stopping by.

    Will you call the cat Izzy for short or always call her Isabelle?

    So excited to hear from you again!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home