Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Boring

Man, I'm lame. I know, I know, this shouldn't really be a surprise to me at this point. I think I just realized this because I am content to spend my whole weekend studying and hanging out with my cat. Seriously, at 23 shouldn't I be out drinking and trying to pick up men? Ehhh, that sounds like too much work. It's much better for me to be hanging out in my pajamas, drinking a glass of wine and watching my cat go crazy (I swear, all cats get the 'night crazies').

Okay, so I've decided that I have a box that I just am not going to unpack. It's just a box of odds and ends that I may need, but I really just have no place to put them. Normally, I would make a place so that I could get all of the boxes out of my apartment, but I feel like since I live alone if the box doesn't bother me, then it stays. Is that bad? I think I'm still in the mode that my bedroom can be a wreck as long as the rest of the apartment, that people see, is clean.

It's strange now. I feel older, especially after this weekend. For the last 5 years that I didn't live with my parents, they would drop by but not really stay and visit. We would go out shopping and eat, but then they would go home. I guess it was just weird for them to visit me. This weekend, my mom came up to stay with me. She actually stayed overnight. It was strange. Not because I didn't like her being here, but because I realized that I'm an adult and this is what the rest of my life is going to be like. My parent's house isn't my home. My home is here and any time I spend with my family it is to visit.

Actually, the whole story about my mom coming is kinda funny. First, the reason she came up is because of my ditzyness (is that a word?). So, I tried to be good and remember to bring everything, even things that I won't need right away like my jackets and sweaters. So, I thought I had remembered everything until we went to Walmart. There was this girl wearing a backless, halter top with a bra and some REALLY short shorts. It was pretty tacky. Anyway, I looked at her and thought "Man, she really should rethink that bra." Then I was like, "Damn it, I left all of my bras at home." Yeah, so I went a week with 2 bras, the one I was wearing and an extra I packed in an overnight bag.

On a side note, I was initially tempted to put up some of my 'political thoughts,' but I think my family thinks I'm a crazy liberal so I'll refrain. For now anyway...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger readhead said…

    Forget your bras? Janet!! Hehe!! Makes a great story though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home