Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Sunday, August 21, 2005

People

Okay, before I get to the main point of my post I just want to say that I finally agree with a republican. See here.

I hate people.

Yes, that's the point of this post. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate everybody and I don't hate an individual person. I just hate people as a group. I think when people get together in a group, they get obnoxious.

Case in point, I was Walmart (the gathering ground for obnoxious people so of course I was there) in the school supply section. Being August, I should have known better than this, but I had a weak moment. Anyway, so I turned down the aisle to get paper and as soon as I got in the aisle I noticed that there were 3 moms with carts talking and blocking the aisle. I go to turn around and as I do, a clerk comes up behind me and says, "Careful." Of course, I jerk around to see what she is talking about, and I immediately slide and almost fall to the ground. Someone has spilled a drink on the floor. The clerk proceeds to put a cart over the spill to block the way. Now I am stuck. The ladies are right in front of me and can clearly see that I am annoyed but they proceed to talk. After probably 10 minutes of standing there trying to get their attention, I finally asked them if they would move out of the way. Instead of saying sorry, they looked at me annoyed and then backed up just enough for me to squeeze my fat ass through between them. Argh.

Other people I hate:
1. bad drivers. This seems to include pretty much the whole of Rockford.
2. People who walk very slowly in the mall and don't stay to the right. Hello, some of us have better things to do than spend all day poking around. I feel like there should be lanes in walkways, just like roads.
3. people with bad breath who get in my personal space
4. actually anyone in my personal space. unless I invite you...
5. people who are late. especially after I tell them that I hate that so please just tell me when you are actually going to show up so I don't sit around waiting.

I could go on but I'll refrain so you don't think I am a complete witch. Just to prove I'm not, here's a list of people I like.

1. anyone between the ages of birth to 2 years.
2. people who hum/sing to themselves. I always wish I could be that cheerful. Well, maybe not always.
3. old married couples
4. people that will hold the door open for you if they see that your hands are full of groceries
5. anyone with an attitude like me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home