Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Monday, August 29, 2005

A spinster-esque rant

So, I was going to talk about taking my test today in my typical sarcastic fashion, but I read, this post and feel the need to expand on her idea.

First of all, I do read Cosmo. Not because I am thinking about using the sex tips or really expect to afford the clothes in there, I just find it entertaining. It's almost like some alien world to me, the lives that these women lead. Anyway, back to the point she was making about clothes saying that they are first attracted to confidence/independence. This is a load of shit. When I think of my girlfriends who are single, I think they are probably amoung the most confident, independent people I know. They definately aren't single because men confidence so attractive. You know why they are probably single? Because men are intimidated by smart, confident, independent women. Trust me, I know this. The girls who always have a boyfriend are usually the ones who base their self-worth on being with someone else.

Now, I know some guys would be offended to be lumped together like this. They would say "I'm not like that. I'm different." To them I ask, when you tell your buddies about some girl you like. What do you say? Man she was confident? Or, damn you should see the size of her tits? I'm not saying physical attraction isn't important just don't go telling everyone that confidence and independence and intelligence are the most important things and then go home with some dumb, blonde girl who has never been alone or worked a day in her life.

Man, that was spoken like a true bitter, single girl (not exactly how I would classify myself but it sure sounded that way)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home