Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A few quick rants

*Okay, three f***ing dollars for a gallon of gas? You have to be kidding. This is getting a little ridiculous. I know some will say this is because of the hurricane, but I'm not buying it. Come on, we were on our way to $3 well before the storm.

*Not to complain again about stupid Rockford drivers, but I'm going to complain about stupid Rockford drivers. So, yesterday when I turned onto my street, I could barely get my car around the corner because two cars were blocking the way talking to each other. My tail-end was practically in the intersection still, and there probably 5 cars stopped from the other direction. Finally after about 5 minutes (and a little encourgement on my part) the lady in front of me started to go. She got about a block and then started to pull over to the side of the road toward a parking spot. Silly me, thought she was going to park so I kept going. I was wrong, apparently she was going to pull a U-turn in front of me. Now, she knew I was behind her from when I was encourageing her to move. I was literally inches from hitting her. And I would have hit her because the driver's side door was just in front of my bumper. What does she do now? She waves and smiles at me. Yeah, so it took everything I had not to just take my foot right off that brake pedal and plow into her. Self control, Janet, self control.

*If you have a sweating problem, please don't wear a coat in 80 degree weather. Especially if you are inside giving an extremely boring lecture.

*Speaking of sweating, what's up with people not showering every day. There's this guy in my class who always looks like he hasn't showered in about 3 days. But he looks like this every single day. At some point, you have to shower, right? So, wouldn't you look clean then. At least smelling clean would be nice.

*Why does every single doctor I meet ask what I want to specialize in, and when I say I don't know yet, they tell me, "That's good. You won't really know what you like until your third year anyway." If I'm not going to know for another year, why ask me now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home