Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hole #1 or #2

I'm a little pissed. My attending told me two days ago that we would be done Friday at noon so silly me made plans to meet friends for dinner in a town 2 hours away. Well guess what, this morning he told me that he's been so busy this week that actually we'll be working until 5pm tomorrow. Damn him, doesn't he realize that you can't renig (is this a word) on early weekend promises?

Funny story about him though. We were in the room examining a patient. He actually was doing the exam and I was watching. Well sort watching because out of the corner of my eye I saw a huge spider crawling across the floor towards us. I didn't want to say anything about it in front of the patient but it started getting closer so I did the stupid girl thing and was like "Um, Dr. M. there's a huge spider coming at me. Can you kill it?" Yeah, I actually interrupted the Dr. to ask him to kill the spider. Which he did but asked me to continue the exam with the patient. So, he goes behind the patient (who was facing away from the spider)to take care of it. Trying to be funny the patient says, "The spider's not going to crawl up my leg or anything is it?" To which Dr. M said "Oh, no" but just then I look over and the spider is crawling up Dr. M's leg. He then starts doing this little dance/leg shaking thing and then starts stomping/jumping up and down to kill the spider . I'm watching the whole thing trying my damnedest not to burst out laughing because the patient sees nothing. So after the patient leaves Dr M. was like "Yeah, I really wanted to scream as the spider was on my leg, but I tried to play it cool for the patient's sake."

I need a debate settled. This morning I was giving a friend a hard time because he wants to specialize in GI. I said, "Man, you're going to be shoving your hands up asses all the time." Since I may want to do OB/Gyn he said "well, you'll have your hands up crotches all day." (aren't we so politically correct) So, which is worse, butts or vaginas? I argue butts because poop comes out of them. Of course the other area can be gross too...

No posts tomorrow or Saturday (I'm failing the every day thing already) because I'll be out of town.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow! i had a dream once that I was a spider, crawling around a doctors office. In the dream, the nurse looks for some tissue paper to squish me with. Finding none, she asks the doctor to please "step on me"
    Turning to run, I look up only to see his huge foot coming down at me! Stomping me into a
    stain on the clean tile floor,
    He makes the nurse clean me up!
    SQUISH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home