Janet's musings

A collection of thoughts, ideas, and meditations. (a.k.a. the randomness that goes through my head)

Monday, March 13, 2006

Subtle

Here are a few comments I heard today. "You look tired." "You look especially pale today." "Are you anxious about something?" And my personal favorite, "Did you just get back from the gym?" Okay, why doesn't everyone just say it. "You look like shit." So, yeah, it was a great day today. I spent the whole weekend in bed with a fever and my good friend nausea. So I guess I just looked as good as I felt. Really, I wanted to tell everyone that I look better today than I have in about 3 days, but I kept my mouth shut.

I didn't eat for a couple of days so I managed to lose a couple of pounds which is kind of annoying. I've been working my ass off going to the gym 4-5 times a week and watching what I eat. And now, I get sick and feel like crap for two days and lose more weight than I have in the last couple of weeks. Plus, now I know this week I'll lose nothing (and will likely gain) because that was just weight I lost from not eating. My only consolation is that my friend asked me if I had a bruise on my arm and I said no. Then she said, "Oh, that was just a shadow from your muscle."

No exciting news to post, although I may next Monday since I get to spend the weekend in Chicago with college friends to see Wicked. I am looking forward to it and am really glad this sickness came this weekend instead of next.

I guess I do have news. D-Day has been set (the day I take my board exam). June 1st is the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home